A Prophecy Over Bayside Church
20 March 2019 Hits:2183
For all of my life as a Christian, I have hugely valued the prophetic gift as well as the prophecies that have been spoken into my life. I have been guided and strengthened by these words and regularly used them in spiritual warfare, just as the apostle encouraged his son in the faith, “Timothy, my son, I am giving you this command in keeping with the prophecies once made about you, so that by recalling them you may fight the battle well” (1 Timothy 1:8). When the battle is raging, and discouragement tries to dampen my enthusiasm for the call of God on my life, I remind myself of the prophetic vision and “fight the battle well.”
It was through prophecy in 1984 that God led me to be a pastor and to train for that calling. It was through prophecy that I moved to Melbourne in 1988 – the same year the Holy Spirit spoke to me about pioneering a church in Cheltenham. It was through five prophecies in 1991/92 that I knew it was the right time to pioneer Bayside Church, and insights from The Lord have kept us on track and on fire for the past 27 years of leading the church we started.
In the early weeks of this year (2019) the prophetic word once again started to burn within me as God showed me that the best days for Bayside were still ahead, that THE BEST WAS YET TO COME. Last weekend I taught on one of the two verses of Scripture that have formed the basis of this prophecy – Haggai 2:9. I encourage you to watch or listen to the podcast of this message. Over the coming weekend, I’ll be sharing on the other verse at all services at Bayside’s Frankston and Cheltenham Campuses.
I prophesy that:
- God is bringing us into a new time of His Presence, that Bayside Church will be all the more magnificent & marvellous because of the presence of God filling and empowering all we do.
- People who have been rejected, or exhausted, by other churches will find a home here.
- New people will come and join us, and some of those who have moved on, for whatever reason, will realise that this is the house God has planted them in and they will return to continue the journey with us.
I predict that:
- We will see many people choose to become followers of Jesus, to have their sins forgiven and their lives transformed by the Gospel. This transformation will inspire their family and friends who will also come and see what has caused such change. Some of them will also receive Jesus as their Saviour.
- “Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever” (Daniel 12:3)
I declare that:
- God is raising up new leaders, new connect groups, fires around the Bay where God’s people can enjoy genuine community, pray & care for one another, and reach out to their neighbours.
- And I see an increase in boldness for God’s people. Not that we become brash and bombastic, but rather, out of humility and compassion towards the hurting we would offer to pray and genuinely care for the poor, the sick, the lonely, the imprisoned, and the marginalised. That God “will make your righteousness go forth as the light, and your justice as the noonday sun” (Ps 37:6), and “the glory of this present house will be greater than the glory of the former house,’ says the Lord Almighty. ‘And in this place, I will grant peace,’ declares the Lord Almighty” (Haggai 3:9).
And so, Bayside Church, may I inspire you to put into action the words of the apostle Paul, “But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus,” (Philippians 3:19) because …
THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
 For more on this, I encourage you to watch my testimony of conversion and calling ~ https://baysidechurch.com.au/church/senior-ministers/rob-buckingham/