Join us for Sleep At The ‘G on Thursday 16 May 2019!
In 2018, Bayside Church was the largest community group fundraiser for Melbourne City Mission. In 2019, we aim to be the same. As one of our key initiatives for 2019, our hope is the more money we raise, the more young people we can support through Melbourne City Mission’s range of services and locations – increasing their impact and moving ever closer to the goal of putting youth homelessness to bed.
With your amazing support in 2018 Melbourne City Mission raised just over $1 million, meaning that they were able to build their world-first hub integrating support services, education and crisis accommodation right here in Melbourne’s CBD.
Why Sleep At The ‘G?
Can you imagine being a teenager with no safe place to call home?
Being homeless is traumatic – and often dangerous. Yet it’s the reality for over 6,000 young people in Victoria right now.
They have no secure place of their own and are often forced into unsafe housing, sleeping on someone’s couch – or in some cases, out on the street.
In one of the world’s ‘most liveable’ cities, we know you’ll agree this is not okay.
Sleep at the ’G is your chance to do something about it!
What To Do
- Be a sleeper and raise funds. To register as part of the Bayside Church team, simply:
- Go to the Sleep at the ‘G website
- Press the Register button
- Press the Community Registration button
- Then Join a Team, find Bayside Church
- Also, enter the discount code HOME and still pay the early bird price (valid until 18 April)
- Alternatively, sponsor someone who is sleeping at the event
Register for this Event