2018 Focus & Goals
“Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.” – Galatians 6:10 (NIV)
- We will introduce in July a bi-annual women’s retreat to help foster relationships. In 2019 there will be a men’s retreat and our aim is to work towards an all-encompassing 2020 Bayside Church community retreat. Contact Robyn Hutcheon.
- We will provide opportunities to educate leaders, parents and members on the topic of mental health in order to equip Baysiders to love others. Contact Sandra Cavallo.
- Bayside is committed to assisting those who work to end homelessness. We will participate as a group in Melbourne City Mission’s Sleep at the G event in May. We will also build relationships with those who engage in street chaplaincy. Contact Sandra Cavallo.
- We will build a strategic alliance with Prison Fellowship Australia to train those who are called to assist in prison ministry. We will also provide an opportunity to view the documentary Guilty and to discuss the importance of second chances. Contact Christie Buckingham.
- We will provide cross-cultural missions opportunities by partnering with Destiny Rescue in a schoolies trip in Cambodia from November-December 2018, giving young people an opportunity to see firsthand issues such as child sex exploitation and trafficking. Contact Katelin Thorne.
- We will complete plans to upgrade the facade of the Cheltenham campus and finalise plans for redesigning the foyer as part of the Cheltenham campus masterplan.